What's new in PerfectDisk 13 Service Pack 4 (Build 843)
- Added the ability to detect files that are approaching the NTFS File Attribute List max size of 256KB and exclude them from defragmentation operations. Files that exceed this limit can not create additional file fragments - resulting in application or other errors. Note that this limit has nothing to do with the actual size of a file. This limit has to do with how badly fragmented the file is. If a file is badly fragmented and is approaching this limit, defragmenting the file could push it over the limit.
For more information, please see http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2015/03/12/the-four-stages-of-ntfs-file-growth-part-2.aspx
- Log Viewer sorting issue fixed.
- Changes made for PerfectDisk for vSphere to work with vSphere 6.0.
What's new in PerfectDisk 13 Service Pack 3 (Build 842)
- SMART drive temperature issue fixed.
- Hyper-V Guest - Invalid Class error when attempting to defragment a guest when VA is enabled on Server 2012 R2 issue fixed.
- Added support for virtual hard disk shrink operation for Hyper V Server 2012/2012 R2.
- During XP shutdown, PDAGent.exe creates an application error issue fixed.
What's new in PerfectDisk 13 Service Pack 2 (Build 821)
- Improvements made in StealthPatrol "idle" processing.
- Selected File defrag on mount point issue fixed.
- PerfectDisk Exchange fails to create backup file issue fixed.
- Scheduled task runs twice in a row issue fixed.
- Support for defragmenting ReFS drives added.
- Support for defragmenting CSVFS drives added (2012/2012 R2).
- Boot time defrag options missing in Drive Perferences for mount points and unmounted drives issue fixed.
- Pagefile stats not included in Analyze and Defrag stats fixed.
What's new in PerfectDisk 13 Service Pack 1 (Build 783)
- Expired PerfectDisk 12.5 evaluation license prevents 'Apply License' on installation of PerfectDisk 13 issue fixed.
- Boot time defrag logging issue fixed.
- Product registration failure on Windows 8.1 with high UAC issue fixed.
- Check for Update doesn't find available update issue fixed.
What's new in PerfectDisk 13 (Build 776)
This update only addresses issues seen upgrading from PD12.x to PD13.
- Fixed an issue on Windows 8.1 systems where Windows wouldn't boot after requesting a boot time defrag:
- Windows 8.1 systems only
- PD12.5 installed
- Hotfix applied to allow PD12.5 to run on Windows 8.1
- Upgraded using PD13 Build 770 provided to pre-release customers
- Boot time defrag requested in PD13
- Fixed issue where OptiWrite settings were not being correctly migrated on upgrade from PD12.x to PD13.